Review 360 MP4 Skips on Playback

Jun 01, 2020

We have taken a recent lecture done on PowerPoint and exported the lecture as a MP4 video.  The video works well prior to uploading to Review 360.  Once we upload the video, it skips at specific spots during replay.  This is not the first video we've uploaded, but the first PowerPoint-produced video.  All the others have worked fine.  We've tried republishing the video from PowerPoint and uploading again, but with the exact same results.  Has anyone had a similar experience with any resolutions?

3 Replies
Vincent Scoma

Hi Will,

Thank you for reaching out! 

How odd that the video is skipping after published to Review 360. That shouldn't be happening. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this! A couple of questions for you as we dive in: 

• May I ask how the MP4 file was inserted to the Presentation? 
    • Was it inserted using the PowerPoint interface or through the Articulate add-in? 
  • Does this happen in a new PowerPoint file? 

Please keep us updated and let us know if you have any questions! 

Will Davis

The MP4 wasn't inserted into a presentation.  It was an MP4 produced by a PPT export and then uploaded to Review 360 so it could be exported as SCORM file, ultimately headed to our LMS.  I have worked with Articulate on a formal support ticket for this now and it seems to have something to do with compressing the video when being uploaded.  The Articulate Support Staff experienced the same issue of skipping when uploading the video, without us being able to find a resolution.  In order to support the customer quickly, I ultimately imported the PPT into Articulate 360 and it works fine, audio included, as a click through presentation in Articulate, instead of a video.  I'd love to figure out if this is an issue with PPT-created videos.  I only have one other PPT with automated timings and audio to try with, but don't have the time right now.

Lauren Connelly

Hi Will!

I see that you've been working with Robert! It sounds like the issue is from exporting a PowerPoint as an MP4. 

When exporting a PowerPoint to video, here are the different options:

Which option did you select?

The screenshot shows the settings that I used, and then I uploaded the video file to Review 360. I didn't find any issues with the video file in Review 360!

We'll be sure to find a fix! We'll just need more information about the file.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.