Review 360 not working with Internet Explorer

Sep 03, 2020

Our LMS currently will only work with Internet Explorer, so our courses have to be set up and confirmed in IE.  I've published a couple lately to Review, and get a notice that "Your computer seems to be offline. We'll automatically try to reconnect when an internet connection is detected."  I am definitely online, I can get the content to work in Edge, but we are unable to use Edge with our LMS.

I can't even access my files in Review from IE 11, I get this same error if I just trying going to https://360.articulate.com/review/.  Any thoughts?

In fact, I could not even post this in IE, I had to switch to Edge, so something is going on...hopefully it's just a setting that I'm missing or something...

5 Replies
Ren Gomez

Hi James,

Thanks for reaching out, and I'm sorry to hear you're running into issues using Internet Explorer 11! It looks like you've connected with our support team in the past with similar experiences. 

Were you able to run through any of the suggestions Bang referenced in this discussion?

Option 1: Change Your Compatibility View Settings

• Click the gear icon in Internet Explorer (or click the Tools menu if it's visible), then choose Compatibility View settings.
  • If the website where your course is hosted is listed in Compatibility View, select it and click Remove.
  • Also, if you're using an intranet, such as SharePoint, to host your Rise course, temporarily uncheck Display intranet sites in Compatibility View.
  • Click Close, then launch your course again. If the page is still blank, try the following method.

Option 2: Use the Developer Tools to Switch Document Modes

• Click the gear icon in Internet Explorer (or click the Tools menu if it's visible), then choose Developer Tools. They'll open across the bottom of your browser.
  • On the right side of the developer bar, you should see an icon that looks like a computer monitor and a smartphone with a number beside it. When you hover over the icon, a tooltip will say Document mode (with a number). Click the icon to display a list of Internet Explorer version numbers.
  • Select version 11, then launch your course again.
Lauren Connelly

Hi James!

Have you tried accessing 360.articulate.com/review in a Private Window?

I've tested this on my end, and Review 360 opens using Internet Explorer and plays the content I have in Review 360. I have noticed the loading time does take quite a bit longer than using Chrome or Firefox. This could be tied to the fact that IE isn't the most up-to-date of browsers.

Do you have a screen recording or screenshot that you can share with us? 

Lauren Connelly

Hi James!

Thank you for the screenshot! I've switched the Compatibility View settings, and I also see a blank screen and the offline error message when adding articulate.com to the Websites using Compatibility View. 

To clarify, you don't want articulate.com to be added to the list of websites using Compatibility View.

Let me know if you see the same snag when removing articulate.com

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.