SMEs keep using "Reply..." field

Jun 22, 2020

My SME's (different people, different projects) keep accidentally using the Reply link in the 360 Review comments tool. Apparently they think that the Reply field is the right place for each new comment. Probably because of the top-to-bottom layout that most people use to read.

Here's where they get confused:

[Here
And here's what I see:

[Here

This is detrimental to our Review process, because it makes it difficult to track individual comments or get new screenshots of their intended location in the course.

Any thoughts on how to improve the user experience and direct our SMEs through this process more intuitively? I'd like to avoid having to teach them how to use this otherwise awesome tool.

My best thoughts of solutions are either:

1. Moving the Add a Comment field to below the Reply field.

2. Collapsing the Reply field to a button, so that the user has to click it once before replying.

4 Replies
Ren Gomez

Hi Daniel,

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide your insight and screenshots of what you're experiencing!

I've located your feature request, and I am happy to help champion it with our team. Here's a bit more about how we work to prioritize feature requests.

We'll be sure to pop in here when we have any progress to share on it!

Joyce Maurin

Hi Ren,

Could you please add my vote to this request?

This is indeed a problem we have often.

Other frequent use case:
The comment is posted on a wrong lesson because they started typing it on a previous lesson and post it later so the screenshot won't match. Maybe add a pop-up when the user switch to another lesson with a non-empty comment staged?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.