Review Side Panel not showing video

Jul 27, 2020

I use a lot of videos on my slide, and often my slides are nothing but a video. I've noticed that when participants view my content, an image of the video doesn't show, I just get a broken image icon in the upper left corner of the screen (See image). This makes it really difficult to know what part of the video the reviewer was reviewing when the make their comments.

5 Replies
Dave Cox

No, anything in the video does not display. The only thing that displays from the video, is a little tiny broken image icon in the upper left corner. That's what you can see in the image that I sent. Here is another example. 

If the slide has any Storyline generated objects, text boxes, shapes, buttons, etc. that all displays fine. But anything related to the .mp4 video doesn't display.

Katie Riggio

Hi David!

Thank you for all these helpful visuals. 

I used Storyline 360 Update 42 to publish the content to Review 360. I'm having trouble recreating the broken image icon for the video slides in Review 360.

To explore further, could you help me with these extra details?

• What version of Storyline 360 are you using to publish? 
  • How are the videos inserted on the slide (Web Object, Video from File, Video from Website)?
  • If you could indeed share a sample file with me for testing, that would be super. I'll delete it after troubleshooting. You can use this private upload link.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.