Slide Layers Panel not showing Layers

May 25, 2017

My layers panel is visible, but the layers are showing above the icon window to copy, duplicate, delete layers etc. and is so thin you can't see it. There's an arrow to access the different layers that you can just see, but it's almost impossible to navigate between the different layers.  I've re-docked, restarted but nothing works. How can I see all of my layers again. I can't work without them.

5 Replies
Ali Goulet

Hey Jennifer!

That's definitely odd- thanks for sharing that screenshot.

I have a couple questions for you to start with:

1. Are you only seeing that in one specific file- or is that something happening in any file you're working on in Storyline?
  2. Are your files saved directly to your C:Drive/Desktop, or are you working from a network/shared drive?

Let me know! 

Ali Goulet

Hey Jennifer,

Thanks for those details- sorry this has been a widespread issue for you!

Working on a network drive or an external drive can cause erratic behavior due to latency, such as file corruption, an inability to save changes, and loss of resources.

If you need to place a copy of your project on a network drive or a USB drive for backup or versioning purposes, it's fine to do that after you've closed Storyline. Avoid reopening the project again until you've copied it back to your local hard drive.

Try moving the course you're working on to your C:Drive or Desktop and see if that resolves the issue! 

Keep me posted. 🙂

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.