Storyline published in Review is blank

Sep 27, 2019

I published my Storyline course in Review 360 (twice) and it is blank ... no content, only white space in the viewer. Any ideas what I've done wrong? (I'm a new user of Storyline.) Thank you.

9 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hi Catherine!

Let's see what's going on! How are you publishing the course? (html5, html5/flash, flash/html5, or flash) I recommend publishing as HTML5 with Flash Fallback.

Also, have you viewed the course in multiple browsers? 

I'm happy to take a look at your file if you want to share it with us. You can do so by using the "add attachment" button in this discussion. Or you can share the file privately with our Support Engineers by using this link.

Catherine Harper

Hi, Lauren. Thank you for getting back to me. I was finally able to publish my course by deleting a blank scene that had somehow managed to get into the project. I’m new to Storyline, so I surmised it was operator error (I have no idea how I did it).

I’m now having trouble building a quiz and hope you might be able to help me. I have spent hours watching videos and still cannot figure out what is wrong. I want to create several simple knowledge checks throughout my course … no grading. I’ve created a true/false graded question (also tried survey), but when I preview the slide, nothing happens when I click either of the answer choice radio buttons (true/false). I also don’t see a “submit” button on the player either. I am so frustrated. It’s bound to be something simple that I’m missing. I really need help. Thank you.

Ren Gomez

Hi Catherine,

Sorry to hear you're running into these obstacles! Let's see if we can figure this out!

When you created the true/false question, there should've been an automatic trigger created to submit the question when the user clicks Submit.

If you do not see this, let's start by clicking on the ⚙️on the bottom right side and making sure the submit button is selected in your Slide Properties.

When you do that, it should create the trigger for you, and then you'll be able to Preview the question and respond. Let me know if you're not seeing this and we'll keep digging. Hope this helps!

Catherine Harper

Ren –

Thank you for your reply.

OMG, I knew the answer would be something simple, yet not intuitive to me. Here’s the situation: (1) It was not evident to me that the learner would have to click on anything other than the answer in order to proceed. In all of the tutorials I watched, I don’t recall that being part of the instructions. (2) There is no submit button on my screen. In fact, since I had chosen the modern player format, I believe there is a checkmark rather than a submit button that has to be engaged to move forward in the course. Since my course is self-running, I didn’t expect the learner would have to do this. (3) And, to top it off, as you can see in the attached screen capture, my UI in Storyline is cut off at the bottom of the screen, so I don’t see the ⚙️on the bottom right side. In fact, this has been a problem to me in many interactions in Storyline, since I have been able to see only a very slim part of many buttons that need to be selected. I’ve talked with our Kaiser Permanente tech support desk, and it doesn’t appear to be a hardware settings issue. Can you provide a solution?

Thanks for your help!

-- Catherine

Ren Gomez

Hi Catherine,

Sorry to hear that! I don't see the attachment added to your post, though if you're mentioning that your Storyline 360 UI is missing features, that's definitely something we'll want to address.

I've started a case for you so that we can do some in-depth digging into why this is happening. Be on the lookout for a response soon!

Catherine Harper

Since you didn’t receive the attachment of the screen capture with my previous email, I inserted an image of it below. You’ll notice that there is no scroll bar visible on the right side and some of the bottom of the window is covered; therefore, I do not have access to buttons in that area. Please advise. Thank you.
[cid:image002.jpg@01D57CD8.4910DE00]

Katie Riggio

Thanks for that screenshot, Catherine!

I can definitely see a few options missing. Let's get those back for you!

For first steps, we might need to adjust your DPI settings. Here's how:

• Right-click your desktop and select Display settings.
  • Click the Display tab in the upper left corner of the window that appears.
  • Under Scale and layout, select 100% from the drop-down list.

Let me know if you see a difference after that!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.