Storyline publishing to wrong 360 review

Mar 20, 2018

When I publish items from Storyline and choose "Publish a new version of an existing item", it often publishes to a document which is different than the one I select. For example, I would select "B06" and the document publishes to "B04". When I publish "B04", it published to "B05", etc. I have to keep publishing the document multiple times before it finally goes to the right place - then I have to go back and republish those old documents. Help!

21 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for reaching out here and I'd be happy to help. 

Could you tell me a bit more about what you're seeing and your set up, such as:

• What update of Storyline 360 are you on? 
  • Do you see the correct version of the course selected when publishing to Review, and note the error when viewing the courses in Review?
  • Are these courses copies of each other? i.e. are you doing a "save as" to create new versions and they could still be associated?

Can you take a Peek of the problem? You can include the "Share" link here in your reply and that may help track down the cause or ways to replicate it! 

Daniel Moberly

Just to be clear - I select the course name, say "Course 1" and hit publish. Everything looks like its going to Course 1. Then when I hit "view course" after its done, it opens up another course (say "Course 2") and it has overwritten it. If I open the original "Course 1" that is published, nothing has happened to it - its still on the old version. So it just published to the Course 2 360 Review file for some reason.

Hi Daniel,

When you open the .story file of Course 1 do you see your changes there? Publishing doesn't automatically save, so you would have had to choose to save prior to closing out of Storyline. 

If you could share a video that would be helpful for tracking this down. Also, can you share anything else about how you duplicate these files, where they're saved, etc. that may be unique? It could help me spot something else to test! 

Daniel Moberly

Okay, I finally got the video.

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/5d55901b-a258-4a7f-8d08-d8a720e61b33/review

You can see in the video that I'm editing C02 - I select C02 in the publish, then when its done publishing it publishes to D01.

Nothing unique about it - I just copy the old file, edit it and then publish as a new review. Then, when I publish it sometimes it publishes to one of the old courses, and sometimes it publishes to the new one.

Hi Daniel,

Just coming back around to this after discussing with a few colleagues. I wasn't able to replicate the issue, nor were they - but I'd love to get a copy of your files on hand to see if that helps me narrow down what's going on. If you can share it here with me, you can upload using the Add Attachment button and I'll take a look. 

Dominik Ginthier

Hi Daniel,

I am experiencing the same behavior. Especially when working with different language versions of one project. For example I have "New_Collection_EN" and "New_Collection_FR". If I publish "New_Collection_EN" as a new version of an existing item, it will replace "New_Collection_FR". It seems to be the same issue.

I now publish my projects always as a new version. I then manually delete the old version in Review.

Best regards,
Dominik

Dieter Van Rossem
Daniel Moberly

Also to note - its not 100%, but this seems to happen more frequently when I have multiple storyline files open. If I open them one at a time and publish them, it happens less often.

I have exactly the same issue when having multiple SL-files open. This bug cost me a lot of headache and precious time... Please fix this mayor bug!

My solution => Close Storyline (!) and open only 1 project and publish only 1 project at a time.

Hi Dieter,

I'm sorry you ran into some trouble with your files, but I'd like to help! With Daniel or Dominik's situation, we were able to identify a bug or consistent way to reproduce it. It sounds like you see it every time you've got more than one .story file open and choosing to publish? Are you publishing to Review 360 or any publishing method shows this error?

Could you also look at the details here to confirm that you're following those guidelines? 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi everyone,

Great news!  We just released another update for Articulate 360, and included a few important fixes that you'll see in the release notes here.  

The item you'll be interested in is:

Fixed: After publishing each scene in a Storyline project as a separate Review 360 item, publishing a new version of one of the scenes sometimes updated the wrong Review 360 item.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for Storyline 360. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.