Submit button is showing, even though not selected in 360 file, when viewing in 360 review.

Sep 23, 2020

Hi, all! 

I'm having an issue where the Submit button is showing on a slide in the 360 review, even though it is NOT selected in the file/slide itself. On this particular slide, we have automatic feedback appear when the learner drags an item over a hotspot, but we did not create a Freeform slide or a Quiz slide - it's just a normal slide. Also, the Submit button does not function (i.e., take you to the next slide or show feedback.)

This also happens to some Prev and Next buttons (on the initial and last slide of my course). Any idea why? Attached is a recording of what's happening. Any advice?

Thanks!

6 Replies
Chelsea Heffernan

I think I may have figured out why it's happening, but it still doesn't make sense. In my Master slides, here is what I have...

We need this because we have a tracking system in the server where we place our course that "when the learner is on the slide for 5 seconds, it tracks that they have completed that slide". So, to make it easy for the learner, we disable the Next and Prev buttons on every slide so they are forced to stay on the slide for 5 seconds. So my thought is that it's overriding the individual slide properties. 

If this is the case, I may submit a suggestion ticket to change this. It would be very tedious to add these triggers to every single slide just to make sure the Next, Prev, Submit buttons show/don't show when we need them to. 

(As for the Submit button, we create a separate Slide Master just for quizzes where the submit button is disabled, so that's why that one slide had the Submit button on it.)

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Chelsea,

Thanks for the update. It sounds like you may have had the wrong Slide Master applied and that's why you were seeing the error?

If you'd still like us to take a look, then with your permission, please share your project file so we can investigate what's happening. You can share it publicly here, or send it to me privately by uploading it here. I'll delete it when I'm done troubleshooting.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.