"User presses a key" trigger not working when published to Review 360

May 23, 2019

Hello,

I created a system simulation that has text entry boxes and triggers when the user presses a certain key. It is working when I review it in Storyline 360, but not when published to Review 360. Any ideas why this would not work?

Thanks,
Natalie

5 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hey Natalie! Would you mind helping me with a few key details?

• Are you on the latest update of Storyline 360? To check, click the Help tab, then click About Storyline. You should see 3.27.18822.0 in the bottom-right corner. 
  • What web browser were you using to view the content in Review 360? Did you notice a different behavior if you changed web browsers?
Natalie Wenzelow

Hi Alyssa,

It appears I have the latest update of Storyline.

The only browser it works in is Chrome. I've only tried publishing to 360. I did not try publishing to LMS and testing it that way.

Do you think it would work in the other browsers when published to LMS or is it because the "user presses a key" trigger requires HTML which doesn't work well in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge? Internet Explorer is the default browser my audience would use.

Thank you,

Natalie

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for those extra details, Natalie. I haven't come across this issue before, so I'd love to do more testing around this. The "user presses a key" trigger should work in Internet Explorer in theory, but it sounds like something isn't working quite right.

Would you be willing to share your file with our team? We'll delete it when we're done troubleshooting. If that works for you, you can upload your file privately to our support team here. We'll give it a test and let you know what we find!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.