Videos Exported from Review

May 29, 2018

This is going to be confusing.  I have 5 videos that I have placed in Review and then export as SCORM.  I upload these SCORM packages to my FTP and then insert the courses into my LMS.  If my users are on my employer's network (in-store or on their secured WiFi) the videos play fine in IE 11.  If the user signs in using their own WiFi - no employer network connection, the video doesn't play, but gives an error that says "The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported."

The videos open fine in Chrome, Firefox, and Edge regardless of what network we are on, but our company only allows our Regional Managers to open in IE....

My IT department says they can't fix this, that it is my LMS, my LMS support says it may be my authoring tool.  I can't figure this out.

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Sarah, 

Were these videos you created in Peek and uploaded to Review? If not, can you tell me more about the video you uploaded to Review as a SCORM output? 

That error message looks to be coming from the browser, as it's not specific to Articulate. A way to quickly narrow down what's causing the issue is to upload your SCORM packages to another LMS option. You could use SCORM Cloud and test it there, to see how it behaves.

Let me know what you find out! 

Sarah  Newsom

Thank you for replying.  I didn't get a notification for some reason.  Anyway, it is an mp4 that I was given by another company.  I upload the mp4 file(S) to review and then use the "Export to LMS" option to export them as SCORM 1.2. 

I definitely think it is a browser setting, but I am getting pushback on that.  The course plays fine in IE 11 when we are signed in to secured corporate wifi or are hardwired on the corporate server.  It only doesn't play when the user is on a corporate device and is on their own personal wifi.

I will test on SCORM Cloud and see what I find.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.