Why do I see a screen like this?

May 08, 2020

Hi everyone! I need help, please! :) 

I see a screen like this (see the attachment) on my Review project. Why?

Oviously it is the starter screen (with the PLAY button at the center) but I can't show this to my italian clients. How can I remove it?

Some help please... thank you! :*

2 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hello Enrico. Thanks for that screenshot!

Does your course have audio or video on the first slide? Also, what browser(s) are you using?

What Learners Can Expect in Chrome C

• In Chrome 70+, learners may see a play button when they launch or resume a course with audio [or video] on the first slide. They just need to click the play button to start the course, and audio will play as expected.
  • Audio on other slides should autoplay (unless your slides are set to advance automatically without user interaction).
  • After a while, learners may stop seeing the play button as Chrome's Media Engagement Index (MEI) learns that they allowed audio to play on previous visits to the same site. When that happens, audio will automatically play as it did in earlier versions of Chrome.

For more details on Chrome's change, check out this resource.

Why is the play icon white?

This might be related to the color settings for Storyline/Studio's player. Are you comfortable with sharing the source file with me for testing? Use this secure link to upload the file, and I'll dig in!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.