Why is default in Review 360: "Publish a new version of an existing item"? Can this be changed?

Jul 21, 2020

I just noticed that when I publish to Review from Articulate, the default is to "Publish a new version of an existing item".  I would much much rather have the default be "Create a new item." That default seems much less dangerous.

Is there any way to change this default?

9 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hi Donald!

Great question! If you've already published the Storyline 360 course to Review 360 then you'll see the default is Publish new version of existing item. Not to worry, you can still access the previous versions that were published to Review 360! You'll just need to hover over Current Version which is located underneath the title of the course. After this, choose a version from the drop down to navigate through a specific version of the published Review 360 course.

I've created a demo that explains this if you prefer a visual explanation! Here's the link.

Let me know if you have additional questions!

Donald Macfarlane

Hi Lauren,

That would make sense if I was publishing a new version of an already published course. However, what I am publishing is a different course. The course is a copy of a previous course but has been renamed and the content has been replaced. The reason it is copied is to get the structure to use for the new course.  It would seem that the copy, despite renaming, retains some feature of old course which makes review 360 think it is a new version of an old course...?

Regards, Don

Ren Gomez

Hi Don,

That's correct. Your publish settings get saved in a Storyline course. So if you made a copy of another .story file, you would retain those settings and be prompted to publish a new version.

While there's not a way to set a new default when publishing to Review 360, using the method Lauren mentioned above will be helpful if in case you accidentally publish over another course!

Lauren Connelly

Hello David!

I appreciate you taking the time to share a video with us! I am seeing the same behavior as you've mentioned. I'd like our Support Engineers to take a look at your file to determine what is interfering. I've opened a case on your behalf and will send you an upload link to share your project. We'll continue the conversation via email.

Julie  Taylor

Hi all, kind of off topic but hope someone can help.
My colleague initially created and published a project using SL 360 and Review 360 and sent it to the SME for comment. The file and Review link was passed to me to make the changes, which I have done. My issue is I need to re-publish it to Review and send it to the SME with their initial comments intact. But I can't figure out how to do that as the file is not showing as an existing item in my list. My only option is to Publish to Review using 'Create a new item' which means all prior Review comments will be lost. Is there any way to overcome this please?