102 Replies
Graeme Horton

Just wanted to follow up on my other question: Any plans to do allow us to customize the colors of the extremely faint outlines on the arrows for the matching? (some monitors we have tested on they are completely invisible)

As for the UX on the matching question... An even better approach would be to allow either to be moved, let the user direct their experience and interact in whatever way feels more natural and intuitive to them. I think this would be the best solution.

I am disappointed that with the decision to switch to left to right and hope that there would at least be some consideration given to having both columns in the interaction to be moved or an option to choose how the interaction can be used. This would be especially helpful to those of us who are long standing Articulate users and have many courses that are in Storyline and want to make the transition to using more Rise and have a mix of both Rise and Storyline courses in our eLearning libraries. But understand that as you say this is probably not many in your audience.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Graeme,

It's not something on our roadmap yet, but we're adding new things to Rise all the time! It would be great to know more about the different monitors were it wasn't displaying as you'd hope - all good info for our Product team as they evaluate new features. 

Your experience and time knowing both tools is incredibly valuable information, so I'll share it with my team. I appreciate that trying to use both a Rise Matching and a Storyline matching question in the same course could lead to some confused users, and one note to keep in mind is that in both scenarios you're dragging the choice to the match. 

Graeme Horton

Thanks Ashley. The monitor are all sorts of different ones from HP to Dell. Even on mine, it shows okay on my all in one PC monitor but when I move it to the secondary HP EliteDisplay E231, it starts to be very hard to see. Really the exact monitor shouldn't matter, because as soon as I know it doesn't display on one monitor I cannot use it as others could be impacted. The grey color choice is just too faint a grey.

My concern on the matching question is not using them in the same course but in different courses. Having approx. 400 courses in our LMS, many with matching questions, our users are used to the current UX, now we start to use Rise more and now we have say 300 courses matching one direction with 100 matching the other. Its confusing for the end users. Yes, it is still drag and drop to match either way but having the option to do it in either direction would allow for users to do them however they feel is most intuitive.

Lisa Woodring

Well, those 90 characters include spaces in between words. I have business management definitions that are much longer.

For Example: An individual hired to perform a task where the employer has no control over the methods used
That is 93 characters with spaces. I had some that were a bit longer than that. I ended up created a free form drag in drop in SL and then imported into Rise.

Lisa Antonelli
Instructional Designer
Region Americas Technical Training
Lisa.Antonelli@konecranes.com

Konecranes-Lifting Businesses
www.konecranes.com

Konecranes Inc.
4401 Gateway Blvd.
Springfield, OH 45502-2016

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for that example, I forget how short 90 characters truly is! 

I love the idea of creating it in Storyline and embedding that into Rise, a great use of both tools for their strength. 

Also, just a note replying via email will include your signature. You can edit out your contact information from your post if you'd like!  

Dennis Hill

I would really like to be able to use images in the matching question type. i.e: match the image to the description

Is there a way I can do that?

Also, I would like to be able to use image more in quiz questions in general.

In addition, modern question technique suggests we should use 1 additional option for matching questions i.e: use 5 options with 4 descriptors. Can we do that in Rise matching questions?

Hi Dennis, 

Within Rise and the matching question, the layout will show each choice lined up with a potential match and the user is able to drag them from left to right. That design doesn't allow for an additional, non-match option. 

I'll share your ideas with our team, and in the meantime, the matching style you'd like to accomplish could be created in Storyline and brought into Rise using the Storyline block. There are a TON of examples and ideas for Storyline, take a look at a few of these to get started:

Enjoy and can't wait to see what you create! 🌟

Emma Blyth

Hi Ashley,

I'm also facing this issue with 90 characters being insufficient for my definitions - Storyline isn't a workable solution for me as the canvas size is too small to fit all of the definition qs on there.

Is an increase in characters on the roadmap? 

Thanks,

Emma

Drake Highlander

Rise won't accept an ampersand (&) in the answer choice text field for Matching questions.

I tried typing, pasting as plain text, and pasting from notepad. It replaces a pasted ampersand with &.

Is this a limitation, or am I doing something wrong? Screenshot attached.