NEW IN RISE 360: Templates

Feb 04, 2020

It’s already easy to build fully responsive courses quickly in Rise 360. And now, we’ve added another time-saving way to create engaging courses for every learner: templates.

The templates cover a range of topics from information security to leadership development, and more. Choose the template you want and then swap out placeholder text and media with your own content—that’s it!

Check out this video to see templates in action.

65 Replies
2Training Loan

I wonder about the word template, to me these examples..provide are just that, course examples.

A template would be to have branding, color, fonts, style in general, and course building structure predefined, not the actual content. 

There in is my question, why cant the template function be separate from the content function? So that any content/course i have can have template applied with a click? Today if i want to brand a course that was not branded like that from the start i have to manually go through all kinds of menus to make sure they are the same as the branded template. I think there is room to rethink that part of Rise. Especially for the purpose of saving the admins having to send branded templates to new users. The new users could just simply start and have the teams common template always available with one click. 

If there is any way to do this already today i would love to get that info.

Alyssa Gomez

Hey, folks! These are excellent questions. 

Is there a way to apply a template (branding, color, fonts, style, structure) and can this template be shared with all users in a team?

While Rise 360 doesn't have the exact feature you're looking for, the best way to handle this is to create a master template course. Design the course using the branding, color, fonts, style, and structure need for the template. Then, add every user on the team as a collaborator. When an author needs to create a course using the template, they'll duplicate the master template course, and then work from the duplicate.  

I realize there are some limitations to this method, so I'll let our team know that you need a better way to handle this situation!

Is there any possibility of teams being able to create and host their own templates internally rather than having to share them with each other?

While you can use Block Templates to design a full lesson, there isn't a similar method for designing a full course template. I suggest following the steps I outlined above to create a master course template, then add each user as a collaborator. 

Kate Rash

Hi Alyssa, the Block Templates are great! Is it possible to create a Template at the Course level and share it with my Articulate 360 Team? I'd like to have my team use a branded Course Template that already has elements like fonts applied, logo on the first page applied, etc. Thank you!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Kate! I would suggest the same thing I recommended to Barbara, just above your post:

The best way to create a full template course for your whole team to use is to create a "master template course". Design the course using the branding, color, fonts, style, and structure need for the template. Then, add every user on the team as a collaborator. When an author needs to create a course using the template, they'll duplicate the master template course, and then work from the duplicate.  

Hi Fabi! Rise 360 includes free templates you can use for inspiration! At the top of your Rise 360 dashboard, click the New Course button, and select Templates. You can also find lots of Rise 360 example courses here. Just look for the examples labeled Rise 360. 

Phoebe Gill

Hi there, when I first looked at the features of rise 360 it showed all these general templates (that could be used for any topic). Now that I've signed up for the trial, I only see specific templates (eg for compliance and legal, for IT etc). None of these are suitable for what I'm trying to do (a language course). Aren't there any general templates? Thanks

Victoria Anzalone

These are helpful - thank you! 

In the Building Positive Work Relationships template, Behaviors That Build or Break Trust section, how were the tables added in the Two Column format? I'd love to use that style in another course I've already created but I'm not sure how it was achieved.