ability to adjust cropped region of photo?

Jun 14, 2017

Using an image with text overlay. Just a standard block. Has anyone found a way to move the cropped area of the photo? It seemingly selects the middle third of a photo, wish we could select what the viewable zone would be!

6 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there James! 

Great question--since Rise courses are fully responsive, your images may have different dimensions as they adapt to different devices and orientations, especially in those full-width image blocks.

For example, compare how this image appears on a tablet in landscape mode and how it appears on a smartphone in portrait mode.

Hopefully that helps as you choose images for your Rise course-- you'll want to be sure important details won't be lost if the edges are cropped. 😊

James Lavis

I get the responsive element to it, but when it makes the determination of what region of the image to use, it can be a poor choice. Folks need to be able to adjust this to ensure the right region of the cropped area makes up their image.

Can this be accomplished via PS, yes. But allowing pan/zoom in the image setting would make this much more efficient.

Natalie Sikes

I agree wholeheartedly. I spend a decent amount of time cropping and re-cropping photos in Photoshop until I can get the image to appear the way I want in Rise. I know that Rise crops it somewhere in the middle, but it's really a guessing game of experimentation until you get it right. A cropping tool within Rise would be a big time saver and would give the user a lot more control over the final look.

Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.