Ability to log out, log back in and continue with course created in Rise and hosted on Moodle LMS

Apr 06, 2020

Hi, I have created a number of courses with video content followed by a quiz, I have around 2.5 hours of video.  I have exported as a scorm file and uploaded to a moodle LMS.  If I come out of the course or lose access to the internet I need to restart from the beginning.  I am trying to establish, is this a Rise issue, or a Moodle issue?   Any thoughts and a solution greatly appreciated? Cheers

Erty

4 Replies
Karl Muller

If you are accessing a course through Moodle and lose your internet connection while the course is in progress, the data of the current session cannot be sent to Moodle and therefore no progress data is recorded.

This is a Moodle issue and it is behaving normally in the event that the internet connection is lost. There is no solution.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Ayrtam,

When a Rise 360 course is hosted in an LMS, learners can exit and resume with their progress intact. The course will automatically pick up at the beginning of the last lesson or quiz where they left off.

If that's not happening in Moodle, I would recommend reaching out to your LMS administrator for next steps. There may be a setting in Moodle that needs to be enabled.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.