Adding a Lesson

Apr 17, 2018

I am creating a Rise course with Blocks -- starting with outlining the course with a basic structure and then adding content. I have two "sections" adjacent to each other - and I can't figure out how to add a lesson block to the first section. Any advice would be appreciated!

7 Replies
Elizabeth Pawlicki

Hi Karen!  Sorry to hear you're having this problem!  I've done this before myself and gotten stuck!  I created a quick Peek for you to show you how to move a lesson back up into Section 1.  You can always delete your second section if it's too big of a hassle to move your lessons back up into your first section and add the second section later!

Angela Kolter

This is a workaround, but it's really  an inconvenient feature for course building when you aren't sure how many lessons you will need. It's mostly intuitive to build as you go, and I never received the offer to add a lesson when fleshing out my initial sections. How can I avoid this on my next course buildout? I'm a new user working under a two week deadline. Thanks!

Renz Sevilla

Hi Sara! Sorry to hear you were having trouble initially figuring things out, but I'm glad you were able to find this thread and find some guidance!

I find that a common mistake people make is they are pressing "Shift + Enter" and are creating a section, rather than a lesson. After typing a lesson title, hit the [Enter] key and this should consistently bring up the Edit Content button. Hope that helps!