Adding Storyline Interactive file to Rise -- Why do I get scrollbar on the right?

Oct 31, 2018

When I first added the Storyline content, they looked fine.  But, when I edited two of the three files and replaced them in Rise, they wind up with a scroll bar on the right that wasn't there previously.  All three were created from the same player in Storyline.  Same result in different browser, so that's not the issue. I tried deleting it and then re-adding a newer published version with the same result.  Any help on this would be most appreciated.

11 Replies
Fred Feldt

Attached are two pictures -- one without the scrollbar and one with it.  The second was created in Storyline from the first one.  When I originally created them, they were fine.  When I edited the second and replaced it in Rise, I got the scrollbar.

Thanks for any ideas to fix it.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Fred! That's certainly curious, and I'm happy to help you sort this out. Can you help me with a few more details?

• What web browser were you using when you noticed this problem? Does it happen in all browsers?
  • Does the Storyline file contain a video?
  • Are you able to share the Storyline file with me so I can test it on my side?
Fred Feldt

Hi Alyssa,

Thanks for responding.  I'm using Firefox.  When I did the training, we discovered that certain things didn't work with IE, so I've using Firefox ever since for Rise.  I did try using IE for this, but had the same result.

No, there is no video in the Storyline file -- just text and images.

And sure, I'm happy to share it with you.  Also, I'm attaching another image. The top one was saved as from the original to another SL file with only text and image changes.  I created two additional story files from the original and when I imported them, they had the same scrollbar.  I'm attaching the updated Story file.

Thanks so much for assisting me on this.

Fred

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Fred! Thanks for sharing your file with me. I saw the same problem when I tested your file in a Storyline Block in Firefox. The good news is, this doesn't happen in Chrome. Also, like you already mentioned, this only happens when you use the Modern Player.

Our team is taking a closer look at this to find out what could be causing the issue. As soon as we have a fix in place, we'll let you know!

Crystal Horn

Hey Fred. I'm excited to let you know that we just released update 23 for Storyline 360! It includes new features and fixes - check them all out here.

We fixed some modern player issues, including blank space below slides that resulted in unnecessary scroll bars and dark rectangles at the bottom when your course is included in a block in Rise.

Here’s how you can update Storyline 360 to take advantage of everything the latest release has to offer. Let me know how you make out!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.