Adding your own character to a RIse scenario

Sep 16, 2019

Is there any way to add your own character to a Rise scenario?  I don't think adding them to a background image will work well since the image it blurred a bit on purpose? I'd appreciate any ideas?

Thank you.

91 Replies
James Cole

Just keen to add my + 1 despite the fact it's clear that Articulate have probably abandoned this fairly necessary suggestion.

For those of us who like to keep our online Rise packages updated and ready to accurately export or customise to new SCORM based on client need, Mark's hack is just too much faff.

For a product that offers so much in-build customisation for varied cohorts, it's such a shame that there's such a blindspot with making functionality improvements to Scenario.

Mike O'Brien

Hey all, we've managed to follow the instructions here at ASOS and replace the avatars in the back end files. This is really time consuming but the result is great (see the attachement). @articulate please can we get this fix higher up your dev list as it would save so much time and be an awesome feature for others :)

Customer avatar

Jamila  Colbert

Any update on this? 

I would like to be able to add my own characters and my own unblurred background. Our courses tend to have vector images, instead of photography style and have their own branding altogether.

I actually need this feature right now, but will need to pull out my Windows computer (that's a whole other story) to build it in Storyline and pull it over to Rise. 

Basically, until this is updated, I am unable to use the scenarios feature in Rise. 

Dan Eccleston

Hi, there was a user that had a work around for this , I tried it out and it worked completely fine - you basically just had to swap out the assets in download. 

This was it - https://community.articulate.com/discussions/rise-360/using-custom-characters-for-scenarios-in-rise 

It is a bit of a faff though but you can see people have made it work (see Brian from ASOS)

Jamila  Colbert

Thanks Dan! 

It's a great video and work around for some but, unfortunately I can't really use it due to our development timeline and process. I need I to show natively in Rise, so that when I send it out for various reviews (via 360) it shows in the course, not just in the SCROM package version.