Admin can't publish new version of existing item in Rise

Jun 26, 2019

Hi there,

I am not the owner of the course I am working on in Rise, but the owner gave me admin access so that I could publish the latest version of the course and share it with our SMEs.

When I tried to publish a new version of the course it only gave me options of courses that I am the author of. This meant that I needed to create a new item. 

The next time I went to publish it - even the new version I created wasn't available to publish a new version of and I had to create another new item. 

When the course owner came back, they made a few changes and when to publish a new version and had 4 options to publish to and they have all of the versions in their review - I can see none of them.

I hope this makes sense? Can anyone help?

7 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hey Sean,

Thanks for letting us know what's going on, and smart idea to also open a case. 

We're seeing an issue where an Admin collaborator for a Rise 360 course is unable to update or publish a new version of an existing item to Review 360. As soon as we get this problem sorted out, we'll let you know! Thanks for giving us a head's up about it.

Pete Vega

I have that same issue. I am an Admin collaborator for a Rise 360 course and I am unable to publish a new version of an existing item to Review 360. The only option I have currently is to publish a whole new item even if the Rise 360 course is already published and what I need is to publish a new version of an existing item.

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Pete. When you publish a course to Review 360, it is using your Articulate ID to access the courses that you've previously published. Because someone else originally published the course to Review 360, it won't show in your option to publish a new version of an existing course.

We're tracking requests for a change to this feature, and we'll post updates here. I'm sorry I don't have anything else to share right now!