AICC Parser Error upon attempting to load a course into an outside LMS

Jul 16, 2021

Hi all - I delivered two courses to a client to host in their LMS.  Note that these courses loaded and work fine in our LMS and they also work in SCORM Cloud.  But when the client attempted to load, they got an error:

AICC Parser: Undetected catastrophic error loading this course, course installation was cancelled msg:Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Trace Info: at Cornerstone.Business.CMS.AICCParser.ValidateDESandAUExistence(BooleancriticalErrorOccured) in C:\Bitbucket\monolith\CornerstoneApp\Cornerstone\Business\CMS\AICCParser.cs:line 243 at Cornerstone.Business.CMS.ASICCParser..ctor(Parser parser, ParseData parseData, Boolean allowNullMasteryScore) in C:\Bitbucket\monolith\CornerstoneApp\Cornerstone\Business\CMS\AICCParser.cs:line 210

I'm new to this... is this something that I can control in the course?  Or is it something their LMS team has to work out?  Thanks in advance...

3 Replies
Hazel Bartolome

Hello Brian!

It's great that you tested out the SCORM file in your own LMS and SCORM Cloud and determined that it is working properly.

Since your course works properly in SCORM Cloud, please a file a support case with the LMS provider (Cornerstone) and share your SCORM Cloud findings to them to troubleshoot the issue. 

Brian Hughes

Hi Hazel - finally figured this out with the help of Cornerstone.
The file "yourcourse.au" exports as:

"system_id","type","command_line","Max_Time_Allowed","time_limit_action","file_name","max_score","mastery_score","system_vendor","core_vendor","web_launch","au_password"
"A1","","","00:00:00","C,N","scormdriver/indexAPI.html",100,,"","eyJjcHYiOiJNWUJlNHVxWiIsInJsZCI6ZmFsc2V9","",""

Cornerstone needs quotes around the 100 and empty space... see bold corrected text:

"system_id","type","command_line","Max_Time_Allowed","time_limit_action","file_name","max_score","mastery_score","system_vendor","core_vendor","web_launch","au_password"
"A1","","","00:00:00","C,N","scormdriver/indexAPI.html","100","","","eyJjcHYiOiJNWUJlNHVxWiIsInJsZCI6ZmFsc2V9","",""

Both courses exported with similar issues... we just added the quotes, saved the text file, rezipped, and both courses loaded right up.