Amazon Book Links

Hi all...  I'm updating one of my Rise files;  in that file are synopses of books found online at Amazon.  I've found that when I link to the Amazon page on which the book is found, the Amazon links are no longer accepted as they were for the first version of my project.  I'm using the Multimedia Embed option, as I had for the earlier book links of a year or two ago...

I've trimmed the Amazon URL in a number of different ways, and none of those worked.  I've shortened the URL via Tinyurl.com and that didn't work either...

This is the message I get:

"We are unable to generate an embed for this URL. Please check that the URL is valid and the content is publicly accessible."

Any ideas or workarounds?

Thanks in advance for any assist!

Michael

6 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Michael!

It sounds like you want to embed the Amazon page content directly in your Rise lesson, is that right? In a multimedia embed bock, you can use the formula <iframe src="URL"></iframe>. Just replace URL with the link for the content you want to embed.

Would you mind sharing the iFrame code you used? Or if you didn't use an iFrame code, what was the URL you used?

Michael Fimian

Hi Alyssa, how are you today?

Thanks for the speedy response!

Originally, a few years ago, I used the naked URLs of the different texts, as indicated in the attached video.  So, I didn't use iFrames at all...  I'll give that a try this morning and see if it works for the more recent book additions I'd like to add...

BTW, if you run into users who want to use slightly more sophisticated iFrames, I've found this tool to be excellent: https://www.iframe-generator.com/

I'll update you later today to let you know if the iFrame code worked with the additions!

Thanks for the assist, Alyssa!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Michael,

Thanks for sharing the link! I'm running into the same error you're seeing. I tried various workarounds, from using a URL shortener like Bitly, to copying the link from the Share button on the Amazon product page. It looks like Amazon may be blocking their links from being embedded in a frame. 

I'll continue to dig into this, and I'll let you know if I uncover new information!