Articulate Library of Images : Limitations of usage beyond Articualte?

Sep 03, 2021

1- Do you know if there are any license-based limitations on how library 360 images can be used, i.e. limited to the content created in articulate 360?

In other words, if I right click on an image I embedded in my rise course from library 360 and downloaded it as image. Can that image be used in other content I am building outside of articulate. 

2- My company admin does not have a user seat. Are those images limited to the use by the licensed user (i.e. me) 

3-Can we continue using the images in external instructional content in the event the Articulate subscription is no longer maintained?

5 Replies
Kathrin Quilling

Thanks for the Information, Karl.

I have one more question and I did noch really get this in the thread:

I build courses in storyline and implement them in our LMS. To open the course, users klick on an image. And this should be the same image, than the start image (out of the articulate library) in the course. So I kind of use the image in relation to the course but also not really ;-)

Is this legal?  Thanks in advance.

Renz Sevilla

Hi Kathrin! All great questions! Allow me to clarify:

1. You can use the content in connection with your e-learning that is built with Articulate tools. It can’t be used in other content built outside of Articulate unless that content is promoting the e-learning that you've built with Articulate.
  2. Correct, the use of the services is limited to licensed users only.
  3. If you're using the images to promote your Articulate-created training, even if you're using a SCORM package after the sub is expired, that’s fine. However, this must be in connection with your Articulate authored content.
  4. Lastly, yes, you can use the image in your LMS to link to the Articulate authored course.

Hope that helps!