Articulate Rise/LearnDash Upload function

Nov 17, 2020

I am developing a course for a client. We are using LearnDash as the LMS and Articulate Rise as the authoring tool. The client wants the learner to complete an action item at the end of each lesson - some of which will require an upload from the learner. 

Two questions:

1. Is there a way to use a Storyline Block within Articulate Rise where the learner has the ability to upload an action item in the form of a document, video, etc.? (And if so, if anyone has a template that I can download, that would be awesome!)

Alternatively, maybe there is a plug-in for LearnDash that will allow for this?

2. Is there a plug-in for LearnDash that allows the learner to view all of their downloaded action items in one spot for future reference? 

2 Replies
Chino Navarro

Hi Lauren,

I am here to help.

Storyline 360 and Rise 360 doesn't have a feature to let learners upload files directly into the course. You can, however, add a button and link it to, for example, a Google Drive folder.

Here is how to do it in Rise 360:
1. Click on All Blocks > Interactive, then insert a Button block.
2. Hover your mouse over the Button block and click on Edit.
3. Set the destination to "Link to a webpage."
4. In the "Enter a web URL" field, paste the link to the Google Drive folder.

Here is how to do it in Storyline 360:
1. Click on Insert.
2. Click on Button and add the button into the slide stage.
3. Create a trigger for the button.
4. Set the trigger to Open URL/file.
5. Paste the link to the Google Drive folder.

Make sure that the folder where your learners can upload their files has the necessary permission settings for them to access it.

I am not sure if LearnDash has a plug-in for this. I will leave this to our community members who use LearnDash to provide insights for this.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.