Articulate Rise recording best score only

Aug 08, 2019

Hi

Does Rise only track the best score to the LMS? If I fail a course and then pass it, it sets the completion to passed. If I then take the course again and fail it, the LMS still persists as passed. Is this just how Rise is set up to track? There are no features available in publish settings to modify this. can you advise as to whether this is how it has been designed? I am publishing 2004 4th edition btw.

Thank

Dan

3 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Great question, Dan.

There are two scenarios here: retaking the quiz without leaving the course, and exiting the course and retaking the quiz when resuming.

• Without leaving the course: We will commit the most recent quiz score to the LMS when the learner finally exits the course.
  • When resuming a course after leaving: If learners didn't complete the course by passing the quiz, we will commit the most recent quiz score to the LMS when the learner exits again. If learners did complete the course (and passed), the score won't change if they retake the quiz.

Most LMSs follow these rules, but you should allow for some differences and follow up with your LMS team to see how they handle resuming courses.

Ruth Mahoney

Hello,

Could you advise if this is a recent change? I am sure Rise always showed me a Fail, Pass, Fail in my results slide in Rise and in my LMS so both matched. Today I'm testing a Rise module and I now see Fail, Pass, Fail in my results slide but my LMS shows a Pass indicating the best score is being tracked. 

While this allows the learner to review the quiz and maintain their pass score as there's no Review Quiz option in Rise as in Storyline, it is confusing to the learner as they will see a fail because they went back in to review the quiz and didn't pass it that time but their LMS shows pass.

I followed up with my LMS support they have investigated the SCORM data and say Rise is reporting on the quiz data sending the best score and the same happens in SCORM cloud.

Can you advise if the best score is now being sent from Rise how to match the Results Slide to the best score? OR

Are there any plans for a Review Quiz button to be added to Rise? 

Thanks

Ruth

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Ruth!

No, this is not a recent change. It's strange that the LMS status would change from Pass to Fail – I wouldn't expect that to happen.

Once the learner passes the quiz and exits the course, the LMS score shouldn't change if they go back and retake the quiz, even if they receive a higher score.

And yes, we are tracking requests for a Review Quiz feature. It's not something on our immediate roadmap, but we'll let you know if we decide to add that feature in the future.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.