Articulate Rise timeline?

Nov 10, 2016

Am I missing something, or is there no timeline in Articulate Rise?

15 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

hi Daniel,

Rise doesn't have a playhead to sync audio and other slide elements - as Efrat mentioned Rise is set up to build responsive courses that will look great on every device and screen. It doesn't have the same feature set of Storyline or Studio - although our team is continuing to add new features based on user feedback- so if you would like you can share your thoughts on that here. 

Stephen Botsford

Is it possible to adjust the size of the media that is placed in a timeline event? I wanted to put an icon in there. I was able to however it is being scaled too large for our liking. Also, the tiles themselves seem very large for the items I have within them. Any way to fix these things? I have attached a file to make it easier to see what I mean. If I knew the size of the image area, I might be able to adjust the size with a white background to compensate.

Crystal Horn

Hi Sarah!  Thanks for working with Rise!  The pre-built lesson types are optimized for fast authoring and viewing on every device.

In Rise, media will scale according to the device on which you're viewing the course.  The size of the container for those images will vary depending on the device and orientation.  In the Timeline, you can add images as an integral part of the lesson.  I can see where that might not work best with an icon image, though.  

It sounds like you'd like to include prebuilt lesson types in blocks lessons.  We're working toward making that possible!  I'll tag this discussion so we can update you with progress.

In the meantime, don't forget about how easily Storyline integrates with Rise!  You can create custom interactions with Storyline and add them right into your Rise course.  That way, you get the control you need combined with the beauty of Rise.

Gary Baum

Crystal, you mention "how easily Storyline integrates with Rise," but my experience has been that the Storyline interaction (when viewed in the mobile portrait aspect) turns into a black box with a "play" icon on top. Is there a recommended sizing for the mobile and magnify that for the other views - desktop, tablet, etc?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Gary, 

The play button you see on a mobile device is intended behavior for Storyline content on a phone. Adam explains more about that feature here!

The Rise content doesn't have a recommended sizing, as it'll scale responsively to fit the device you're viewing it on. The Storyline block will also scale based on that. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.