Articulate Teams and Course Reviews: Links Changing between authors

Mar 23, 2020

I've noticed the rise review links are different when 2 people are collaborating on a course and want to publish for review. 

Scenario: Developers A and B are both working on same course, and need to have key stakeholders review. Both are deemed "course managers" as far as admin settings on the course.
If developer A wants to publish a version to Articulate Review, they can, and it gives them a link to share with stakeholders. Now, A big goal of Review's features are to allow developers and reviewers to keep track of versions as you go through revisions. So this process works well between developer A and the stakeholders/reviewers.
But, when developer B publishes the next version for the stakeholders, it seems that the Review link is a new link. Because it is a new link, it doesnt have the revision history associated with it. So when developer B sends out the link to the reviewers, they can't also go back and check through their edits to make sure they were implemented. 
This seems to be a 'break down' in the way Teams was designed to help collaborate and review with reviewers.  

I think I know why this happens - because review links need to be housed from an individual's account - and if so I suggest the developers consider some way to have this fixed so that your whole team can keep reviewing from one link, as versions are created and posted from team members. This also means I know a workaround for the time being - but it's incredibly annoying. Developer B and any others need to ask developer A or the person who publishes the first version for review to be the one to keep publishing versions to review - that is, every subsequent iteration - even if they are no longer involved with the build - in order to keep the review link and revision history tracked.  

11 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

You've got it right, Daniel.

If you're a course manager, you'll only have the option to Create a new item when publishing to Review 360, since the existing item isn't in your own Review 360 dashboard. You won't see this new item published in your Review 360 account, but the original course owner will see it in theirs. 

I can understand how that functionality is challenging for your team, and your feedback is really helpful. We'll let you know if we make changes to collaborating in Review 360 in the future!

Karl Muller

Hi Brett,

See https://articulate.com/support/article/Articulate-360-Feature-Roadmap 

Review 360 Team Folders

Organize your projects in shared team folders and grant access to specific users so stakeholders can easily find all the projects they need to review. Allow multiple authors to publish new versions of a course to the same Review 360 project.

In development

Lea Agato

Hi folks! I’m happy to let you know that we’ve released a new Team Folders feature in Review 360.

Create shared team folders in Review 360 to organize your content and assign permissions. Allow multiple authors to publish new versions of the content you shared in these folders for better collaboration.

You can check out the full details of this feature here: Review 360: Share Items with Team Folders

We’d be happy to hear how this feature works for you!