Batch-update font size via xlf?

Mar 03, 2022

Hi all! I'm getting beyond annoyed at updating font sizes one block at a time. We have many hands working on projects and there's always someone who doesn't do it consistently. Plus, it doesn't help that Rise sometimes just switches back to their default font size 17 and the default font color while you're editing.

So, I'm wondering if I can leverage xlf translation files to update all the font sizes at once. I see that xlf files with html tags exported contains bits like "xhtml:style="font-size: 20px;">".

I don't have dedicated software to open xlf and would go through Search&Replace in Notepad or Notepad++ to change all xhtml:style="font-size: 17px;"> to xhtml:style="font-size: 20px;">

Has anyone done this before and has some learnings or best practices to share before I start from scratch experimenting with it?

---

PS There are also "xhtml:style="color: rgb(186, 48, 42)" tags so if this works it might be useful for changing font color as well.

3 Replies
Thor Melicher

Hello Lea -

What you're proposing should work but... you would have to add a <target> section to each <source> item.  Without the <target> sections added, you won't see any changes.

If you want, send me a private message or reach out to me on LinkedIn and we can do some testing to see if your idea will work.

(note: I'm not an Articulate employee and I don't represent the company in any way!)