Batch Upload Videos?

Aug 07, 2018

Is this possible, or are we limited to one by one? It would be nice to batch upload all the videos for a specific course and then choose to arrange and add as needed. Waiting for upload and processing is a killer.

4 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Avid, 

You can navigate away from a lesson or block while it's uploading a video, so you don't need to wait there for it to finish processing.  

It sounds like you'd want to create your own media library of sorts? I'll share that idea with the team. We're always curious to know more about what tools or features would help your workflow and course design, so feel free to share more ideas through a feature request!

Stacy Saveall

Hi Ashley,

First, sorry for posting as a "corporation" we need to publish courses with the company name, so the only way I could figure out how to do that is change my profile name! I'm actually "Stacy." :)

Yes, I discovered you can navigate away and continue..or open another browser tab and upload files/videos to another lesson/module. It would be a helpful feature as you suggest to create a media library even schedule the uploads off-hours so as not to tie up bandwidth.

I also noticed when a video is uploading and processing in the slide out window, it seems that you should be able to add additional content is the same window since under the 'content' tab it lists caption for "item 1"...but I don't see a way to do this, i.e. "item 2"

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Stacy,

No apologies necessary, you're not the only one with that setup! 😉

I'll be happy to pass along the idea about a media library of sorts and you're always welcome to share directly with our Product team by sending in a feature request!

What lesson or block type is that where you've added the video in? 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.