Best Practices for using Storyline (SL) in Rise

Jul 29, 2020

Hello Articulate Community!

Any suggestions and/or best practices on when to use SL files in Rise?  I'm building courses in Rise yet plan to incorporate a few SL interactions too. Thank you!

holly 

8 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Holly!

I'm sure the community has lots of tips to share with you — I'll get the ball rolling!

Tip #1: Use a 16:9 slide aspect ratio (widescreen) so the slide will fit nicely in your Rise lesson.

Tip #2: For a seamless look, completely hide the Storyline player before you publish to Review 360. You'll need to 1) choose the modern player style, 2) turn off the menus and controls, and 3) select the light player theme.

And here are a few articles for more inspiration:

Holly Greene

Hi Alyssa!

I'm a creating a course with the three key concepts and each concept as pages of content.  I was thinking of using buttons (labeled after each concept) that would like to concept information yet I'm wondering if there's a better way?  Any suggestions?  

Thank you for your time and help!

Holly 

BTW: I should add that I was also thinking of using buttons to link to information outside of the course (websites) and wonder if using buttons in different ways may be confusing to the learner. 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Holly!

I see in your other post that you're thinking of checking out Restricted navigation. For more course inspiration, have a look at our E-Learning Examples page. Look for the examples labeled Rise 360. Here are a few to get you started:

Holly Greene

Hi Alyssa and Articulate Community!

I have a table, image attached that has five sections of content. The content is very informative and lengthy.  Any suggestions on how to design the table and content in Rise? 

I have a few ideas yet could use hearing yours. 

Thank you!

Holly 

Holly Greene

Awesome Karl!  

Since there's a lot of information associated with each row, would you repeat the table at the beginning of each new section ?  For instance, post the table a the beginning of the Analysis/Diagnosis – Interpreting - Analyzing Cues section and then again for each of the subsequent sections? 

Thanks for your help, again. :)

Holly 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.