Blinking/refreshing in quiz

Aug 09, 2018

I have created my first Rise demo for my team so we can determine how we want to use this tool going forward, and I'm seeing blinking/refreshing on each question type (multiple choice, matching, fill in the blank) used in the quiz.

Here's a sample - please check and see if you get the same result (especially the bottom 1/3 of the screens) and let me know what could be causing this?

https://rise.articulate.com/share/WP3S_-zUb-RoIkfOLPEqqVJDnuGR-pg6

Thanks in advance!

4 Replies
Catherine Howard

Hi Alyssa - developing and viewing in Edge, v. 41.16299 (released 9/26/17); there is one later version of Edge (v. 42.17134 released 4/30/18). Edge and IE11 are the only browsers available to my audience.

The blinking occurs when the first question loads, then after you click Next on each.

I took a screencast and uploaded it here, let me know if you have any trouble playing it.

Thank you for looking into this!

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for that extra detail, Catherine!

I did some more digging, and I found that we're investigating an issue where quizzes in Rise are flickering and jumping when viewing them in Edge.  I tested your Rise Share link in that browser, and I saw the same problem that you shared in the screen recording.

I'm going to add your experience to our documentation, and I'll be able to update you here with any changes to that behavior.  I'm sorry for the glitches!  

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.