bookmarking in videos - RISE

Nov 07, 2019

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to enable bookmarking for embedded videos in Rise?  We have a rather long video that our client wants us to post in a Rise lesson, and they are concerned that if a learner leaves the course before finishing the video, that they will have to start over.  We understand the the specific lesson position will be bookmarked, but it seems as though the video is not.  I know this is possible in Storyline, but can it be done in Rise?

I think it's also worth noting that the client wants to "lock down" the video by disabling forward seeking, so asking users to do that when they return is not an option.  

Adam

1 Reply
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Adam,

If your Rise 360 course is hosted in an LMS, learners will resume to the lesson where they left off, but they won't pick up at the point in a specific block where they left off, such as the middle of a video.

Also, if your course is hosted in an LMS and forward-seeking is disabled on the video, learners can fast-forward after watching the entire video, even if they close the course and launch it again later.

You can read more about disabling forward seeking here!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.