Brand New with Rise..Is There an Undo?

Apr 05, 2019

Hi Community,

I JUST started trying out Rise.  Was well on my way with creating my first course, went to change the font on some text next to a picture, and lost ALL of my text!  What gives?  On top of that, I never got the dropdown on the font size in the editing toolbar to open at all.  Any advice?

8 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi Denise,

I’m sorry that you’re having some trouble here. Is it possible you may have accidentally pressed the delete key? If that ever happens to you again, try pressing CTRL+Z to see if your text reappears. 

To make the text editing toolbar appear, all you have to do is highlight a portion of your text. If that's not working for you, the quickest way to resolve this issue is to have our Support Team take a look. You can submit a case here.

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

Allison LaMotte

Hi Denise,

I’m sorry that you’re having some trouble here. Is it possible you may have accidentally pressed the delete key? If that ever happens to you again, try pressing CTRL+Z to see if your text reappears. 

To make the text editing toolbar appear, all you have to do is highlight a portion of your text. If that's not working for you, the quickest way to resolve this issue is to have our Support Team take a look. You can submit a case here.

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

Allison LaMotte

Hi Karen,

You can use CTRL+Z to undo text edits and, like Karl mentioned, an undo button appears briefly in the lower left-hand corner when you delete a block. Those are currently the only ways to undo actions in Rise 360. 

We do have a feature request logged for a more robust undo feature, so I'll be sure to add your voice to that discussion and share any updates with you here.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Andria Shooter

I'd like to chime in regarding the "undo". Often I'm trying to find just the right image from Content Library. I replace what I currently have only to find the new image's size doesn't work, or it isn't as good as what I had. Then, there's no going back, and I often can't remember the search terms I used to find the prior image. It's only a little nuisance, but if you are currently looking at your undo functionalities anyway... 

Thanks! :)

Karl Muller

I can relate to the issues using the Content Library with no undo.

Quite often when I choose an image based on the thumbnail, when I look at the full size image there is something I could not see before that makes the image unusable. As there is no way to preview an image you have to load the image into your course to discover this. If it is not suitable you have to start your search all over from the beginning, but that's a different issue.

When I'm looking for suitable images in the Content Library, I work in a Rise course that I use for testing and development purposes. I have a Lesson in this course that I use just for choosing images.

If I find something that I like while browsing the Content Library, I add the image as a block. Then I create another image block below it and continue looking to see if I can find something better. As I'm browsing the Content Library I often come across images that I know I will be needing later for a different project and I save them in the same way.

Eventually I end up with a shortlist of images in my scratch Lesson that I can all view together and easily compare. Once I pick the best candidate, I use a Template to copy the image to the actual course where it will be used.

So my library of favorite images has grown considerably over time and I often go back to it.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.