Browser refreshing - you will loose all results / states in a RISE Course (SCORM 1.2)

Mar 07, 2019

Hi everyone,

If you are going through a RISE-Course (SCORM 1.2), doing exercises and quizzes - you will lose all results by accidently refreshing the browser window (see the following quick&dirty sample):
https://360.articulate.com/review/content/fcb29e8a-2a25-4193-8c4d-4f3ea941de9a/review

How often does RISE store the states of a user back to the LMS (in this case Totara)?? Seems that happens only at the end? 
digitally 

Michael

3 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi Michael,

Did you try uploading your course to SCORM Cloud to see if you experience the same behavior?

That's what we generally recommend doing to determine whether the problem stems from the course or the LMS. Here's an article that walks you through how to do that.

If it works correctly on SCORM Cloud, then the problem is coming from the LMS and you'll need to talk to your provider.

If you see the same issue on SCORM Cloud, then the problem is likely coming from the course itself. If that's the case, please reach out to our support team.

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

Michael Fally

Dear E-Learning Heros,

thanks for the hint… the test with our RISE SCORM package in the SCORM Cloud worked fine – no problems occurred.

When refreshing the course/frame page while doing the exercises no results or status information from the learner is lost.
I tried everything… always the last status was stored correctly.

Unfortunately I had no glimpse what to change in ours LMS to get it working in same way.
The performance of the server is fine… we expanded the server cores from 2 to 8…

Our IT Department and our external consultant has no experience in this field… and where to finde the problem?
Is it maybe a latency issue?

Lg
Michi

Allison LaMotte

Hi Michael,

If everything is working fine on SCORM cloud, then the issue is coming from your LMS. The easiest way to resolve the issue is to contact your provider.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

PS Also, just thought I'd point out that when you respond directly from your email, your signature is appended to the message. You may want to pop in there and edit out any personal information that you don't want to share with the community.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.