Bulk export translation/XLIFF files

Nov 15, 2019

Our team produces 1-2 courses per week (each one translated into at least 7 languages). Is there a way we can bulk export the translation files (i.e select multiple courses and download a zip file).

At the moment we have to enter each course copy separately and export the XLIFFs one by one.

This is quite a big issue when we have to export multiple courses in one day leading to (in some cases) 40+ files needed.

Is there a better way of doing this?

3 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Giorgio!

I can understand the need for a more streamlined translation process, especially when you're working with so many courses. 

Right now, translating a Rise 360 course involves first duplicating the course, then translating the text in the duplicate to another language. You'll have to work with each file one-by-one.

If we make a change to the translation process in the future, we'll keep you in the loop!

Gerrit Dörnemann

Hi Articulate Team,

I hope there is a change on the horizon, the workflow and management for translation is becoming a nightmare (50+ courses 5 Languages). 

What we need:
Bulk move to folder (for management)
Bulk duplication with naming rules
Bulk export of Xliff
Bulk import of Xliff

Hope you are aware of the issues this creates for larger companies with inhouse content creation and translation.

Best regards
Gerrit