Bypassing course page to lesson page

Aug 02, 2022

hello everyone,

I have a single lesson course.  Is there anyway to have learners land on the lesson page and bypass the course page to reduce the number of clicks?

thanks in advance for your help.

6 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Siobhan! Where do you plan to host your course?

If you export your course for web and host it on a web server, each lesson will have its own URL. If you visited that URL directly, you'd be taken straight to the lesson.

If you're using an LMS, however, you may run into restrictions with using those URLs to distribute your course, especially if users have to login and launch the course from the LMS directly.

Let me know what you think!

Siobhan Wynne

hi Alyssa, sorry for the delay, I was on annual leave.  thanks for your reply.

Usually we publish courses on our LMS but this is a taster course and so the plan is to send students a link to a webpage which it is published.  So the lesson is publicly available but not searchable (if that makes sense).

But the only option for publication/export is on the course page as opposed to the lesson page so I don't know how to just publish the lesson page/isolate the lesson's URL.  Would you know how?

Crystal Horn

Hi again, Siobhan! We're excited to share a new way to deliver bite-sized training focused on a single objective... Microlearning!

Microlearning gets your learners into the content faster without a course outline or description, or full course navigation features. You can get started from our new microlearning templates, use any of our business lesson content, or create one from scratch.

I thought this type of content might be interesting for you based on what you shared above. Let us know what you think!

Hazel Bartolome

Good news, everyone! We've just released a new feature that allows you to turn off the cover page when you publish for LMS to improve compatibility, streamline training, and get learners into content faster. Give it a try, and let us know if you have any questions about it!

Note: You can't hide the cover page for training created from Next Big Idea Club content templates.