Can I Imports question into Rise using CSV or Excel or text

Sep 13, 2018

I see that its possible to import questions into Storyline and Quizmaker using excel or text files. Is this possible with Rise? I suppose it might be possible to do this in a round-about way using a storyline block but I was wondering if this is directly possible from within Rise.

53 Replies
Kieran Hartle

Putting this out there again - direct import of questions into Rise would be very helpful.  Love this software, but seeing stock answers to the same question going back over 4 years is a bit frustrating.  Yes, we get it - we can import a storyline block... but we shouldn't have to.  Is anyone taking this request seriously?  

Patrick Finnegan

While directly importing questions into Rise from formats like CSV, Excel, or plain text isn't a standard feature, there's a creative workaround you can consider. Instead of switching entirely from Rise to Storyline, you can use Storyline specifically for quiz creation. Here's how you can do it:

1. Create Your Quiz in Storyline: Utilize Storyline's robust quiz creation tools to design your quiz. Storyline offers greater flexibility and supports various question formats, which might be more versatile than the native quiz options in Rise.

2. Publish to Articulate Review: Once your quiz is ready in Storyline, publish it to Articulate Review. This step is nnecessary for embedding in Rise, and also allows you to share and gather feedback on your quiz easily.

3. Embed into Rise as a Storyline Block: Finally, you can embed your Storyline quiz into Rise. Rise allows you to add Storyline blocks, which means you can integrate your externally created quiz seamlessly into your Rise course.

This approach offers the best of both worlds – you can leverage the advanced quiz features of Storyline while maintaining the overall course structure and flow in Rise. It's an efficient way to bypass the limitations of direct question imports in Rise, ensuring you can still create dynamic and engaging quizzes for your learners.

I haven't tested this myself, but I believe when you export a course from Articulate Rise that includes a Storyline block (such as a quiz) as a SCORM package, it will report the results of the quiz to a standard Learning Management System (LMS).