Can I make Articulate Rise course without a Intro/Details page?

Dec 30, 2019

Is it possible to make a Articulate Rise course start on a lesson page. We want it to function more like a website with videos and interactions rather than a course.

5 Replies
Steve Flowers

** This will work from a web link but the addition of the deep link to index.html appears to mess with bookmarking and tracking. **

It's possible but requires a little bit of editing of your launch target. I just ran a test with an XAPI output and was able to launch directly to a lesson block. 

Here's how I did it:

1) Export the package (SCORM, Web, XAPI), expand the zip file, then launch the index.html file. 

2) Navigate to the lesson you want to open on launch.

3) The URL string will display something like index.html#/lessons/HEq8-QPU_I_zNFOB9PYU5OFpUm3tI0UV

4) Edit the imsmanifest.xml file in SCORM or the tincan.xml file in xAPI publish. Paste the entire deep link string into the file where index.html appears in the published xml file. Save the xml file.

5) Zip up the package taking care to ensure that the xml file you edited is in the root of your new zip file.

6) Upload as you would normally into your LMS.

The file *should* now launch from the LMS directly into your lesson page.

Chino Navarro

Good news, everyone! We've just released a new feature that allows you to turn off the cover page when you publish for LMS to improve compatibility, streamline training, and get learners into content faster. Give it a try, and let us know if you have any questions about it!

Note: You can't hide the cover page for training created from Next Big Idea Club content templates.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.