Can I remove the vertical scroll bar within an interactive storyline block that is inside my rise course?

Aug 02, 2018

Can I remove the vertical scroll bar within an interactive storyline block that is inside my rise course? I am using the modern player from storyline, and you can see in the screenshot that there is a scroll bar for no reason. However, in a classic player, there is no scrollbar. 

Rise module with a buggy storyline block

20 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Joe!

Hmm, I can't say I've seen a scrollbar appear in a Storyline block, especially when using the Modern Player. Have you tried changing the block width? 

1. Hover over the Storyline block and click the Edit button that appears.
  2. When the sidebar opens, go to the Settings tab, then choose a Storyline Width from the drop-down list: Small, Medium, or Full Width.

Also, would you mind sending me the course "Share" link? I'm curious to test this in my browser. Thanks!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Bridget,

Since the start of this discussion 3 months ago, we've done further testing and we've spotted a bug in Storyline 360 that causes a scrollbar to appear in a Storyline Block. 

Like you mentioned, this problem happens when using the Modern Player. The scroll bar appears in some browsers (like Firefox) but not in others (like Chrome). That could explain why some of your colleagues are not seeing the issue. What browser are you using?

If you don't mind sharing the original project file with me, that would be really helpful for us! You can send it along right here

Margaret Rice

Hi, Alyssa. I am also having a scroll bar problem. I created a .story file and added the interaction to Rise. That version worked perfectly. My client wanted to narrow the space between the Storyline interaction and the Continue divider. I created a new .story file (attached for reference) and pulled it into Rise. I am also using the Modern player. I am setting the Menus and Controls to Off and using the Light background.

I now have scroll bars. My client asked me to put the course into a different tool.

Margaret Rice

Do you have an estimation for when this problem will be resolved? My client will not accept training with either the scroll bar or the black space underneath.

Maggie Rice
Sr. Training Manager Design
Human Resources

AT&T University Operations Training
6301 Colwell Blvd., Irving, TX 75039
m 972.639.7086 | mr4073@att.com

AT&T Proprietary (Internal Use Only)
Not for use or disclosure outside the AT&T companies except under written agreement
This message and any attachments to it contain confidential business information intended solely for the recipients. If you have received this email in error please do not forward or distribute it to anyone else, but telephone (858)-621-4730 to report the error, and then delete this message from your system.

Crystal Horn

Hey everybody. I'm excited to let you know that we just released update 23 for Storyline 360! It includes new features and fixes - check them all out here.

We fixed some modern player issues, including blank space below slides that resulted in unnecessary scroll bars and dark rectangles at the bottom when your course is included in a block in Rise.

Here’s how you can update Storyline 360 to take advantage of everything the latest release has to offer. Let me know how you make out!

eLearning Development

Crystal.  Thank you so much for this.  That solves a big problem.

I still have black bars on the left and right when placed in Rise due to the dark player theme. I can fix this by remembering to change to light theme but if there is shading on the section in Rise that is not the answer either.  What is the correct Story size to fit in the Rise block exactly?  I am using the 16:9 720x405 and that is still leaving a bit on each side to be filled in with background.

Here is an example.

Tim

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.