Can't click onto the Next Section Rise course on mobile phone

Nov 27, 2017

When we view our Rise Courses on iPhone, sometimes we can click on the next sections button and sometimes we can't. More often than not we can't. Has anyone else experienced this?

35 Replies
Kimberly Loughlin

The next button issue was only resolved via iphone 11.3.1 iOS update. Which is brand new. If anyone has anything prior to 11.3 they will most likely have issues. I have a call out to a friend to test who hasn't done the update. Coud you test on an iphone with older than 11.3?

Glad you had the debrief issue as well. Andriod phones provide a scroll. iPhones just cut it off and learners would only know they were missing something if they words were halved. I spent half a work day taking the debrief info and turning it into a text block below the questions for now. We can't wait for a fix. We've already lost/ tme/money on testing it out and doing a work-around. It's just an issue we'd love to have resolved in future.

Thank you.

Reuben Russell-Furlong

I have just experienced the same issue viewing on an iPhone software version 11.4.1 so I don't think this was actually resolved! When viewing in portrait mode via my LMS, the course only scrolls so far down the page. Interestingly, when I change the appearance settings in Totara LMS to 'New Window (Simple)' I don't experience the same issue. However, this is not a solution for me as New Window (Simple) is producing problems for me in IE11. It's worth noting I am not experiencing the issue in Chrome for Android.

Reuben Russell-Furlong

Hi Nicole,

It's not long question feedback I'm having issues with. It's not being able to scroll to the bottom of the page from viewing my course via my LMS on an IPhone in Portrait mode. I have tested in SCORM cloud and I'm not having the issue so I think it is my LMS causing the problem but don't know for sure.  

smartfox Admin

We have the same problem on the Iphone version 12.1.4.
The "Next" buttons are only sometimes displayed when scrolling down. (see attached video)
We work with moodle. We exported the Rise course again as LMS and tested it on Scorm Cloud, everything works great there. So we think that the problem is with moodle. If anyone else had the problem and got it solved, we are grateful for any help! :)

Dana Wardlaw

We're experiencing this trouble with a Rise course we're working on right now. It's a training for EMS practitioners, so mobile responsive is very important... and they're having trouble accessing/using some of the Continue buttons on iPhones. Any updates about this issue since this conversation is from more than two years ago? Thanks, Dana

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Dana. We have seen this issue with courses that are hosted in Moodle or other LMS environments that keep some of their own interface around the course even when you launch it in a new window. An outer scrollbar is created by the mobile browser that must be used to scroll to the bottom of the window.

Here's what happens depending on the kind of mobile device you're using:

• On an iPhone, scrolling in the middle of the screen only affects the inner iframe and the inner scrollbar. When the inner scrollbar reaches the bottom, you get stuck. You have to move your finger to the right edge of the screen to scroll the outer scrollbar.

• On Android devices, scrolling in the middle of the screen affects the inner iframe. When the inner scrollbar reaches the bottom, the outer scrollbar immediately takes over and scrolls down without you moving your finger.

Can you ask your EMS practitioners to try scrolling from the right edge of their devices? If that doesn't help, we can help troubleshoot your course directly. You can share details privately with us by clicking here.