Can we enforce 2 hours seat time in a Rise course?

Feb 19, 2019

Hello all!  I've got a pending development project using Rise.  The course is a yearly compliance topic, and the customer is requesting that learners spend a minimum of 2 hours in the course before allowing completion.  This would be fairly simple in Storyline or Lectora, but I'm challenged to find a method of enforcing this seat time in Rise.  Has anyone had a similar requirement in a Rise project?  If so, were you able to use either a built-in or outside-the-box solution to meet it?

Note that we intend on using the other "compliance" related features of Rise such as restricted navigation, continue blocks, and a scored assessment.

Thanks in advance everyone!

3 Replies
Tom Kuhlmann

You could build what you need in Storyline and insert it into a block in Rise. What were you doing in Storyline?

Another option is to add one thousand quiz questions :)

Do you have 2 hours of content? If they're videos and audio you can lock those things, then lock all navigation.

If there isn't two hours of content, then whatever you do is merely a means of locking the navigation or creating some sort of wall that meets the desired timeframe. Not an ideal learning experience and probably a waste of the organization's time forcing people to stay in a course when not really learning or doing anything.

Personally, I'd push back on why it's a 2 hour requirement. I've had SMEs say it was the law, but when challenged they weren't able to produce a law that really required it.

If it is required and you don't have 2 hrs of content, you'll have to get creative. You have Storyline blocks and embed blocks that allow you to append the content outside of what you get in Rise.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.