can you report complete and 100% in rise?

Jun 21, 2018

Hi all as title suggests I was wondering if there Is an easy way to have rise report as complete AND send a score of 100%?

I'm looking at an LMS that shows both a passed or fail and a score column - rise reports as passed but shows a score of 0% which freaks some people out..

I can fudge it in storyline to work but not so in Rise....

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi James,

Are you tracking by what the learner has viewed?

When you track a Rise course by a quiz result and export it as a SCORM or AICC package, you get to choose one of these four reporting options:

• Passed/Incomplete
  • Passed/Failed
  • Complete/Incomplete
  • Complete/Failed

Some LMSs only track a completion status, in which case you can choose any of the reporting options. However, some LMSs track a completion status and a success status. To send a positive result to your LMS for both statuses, choose either Passed/Incomplete or Passed/Failed when you export your Rise course. Complete/Incomplete and Complete/Failed only send a positive result for the completion status, not the success status.

Hope that helps! 
Julie  Haydon

Hi Ashley 

thanks for the excellent and detailed response, super useful!

what if I did want to track by content viewed rather than quiz is there a way to send a 100% and passed?

in storyline I make the last but one next button actual a quiz button that records a score of 100 so on exit I see a pass and 100% can I do something similar? Can I use a storyline block to pass the score data?

james

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi James, 

Glad that helped! 

If you track by content viewed, that'll pass completion only when the user reaches that percentage identified. There isn't anything to score there, so that's why you won't see a score of 100%. 

As for using a Storyline block, take a look at your options here!  Would that work for you? 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.