Change picture in Rise on labeled graphics page with a photo from the content library

Jul 18, 2017

Hello, I'm getting acquainted with Rise and I was trying to get markers into blocks. I understand that this is not possible yet. So I started a new course and inserted a labeled graphics page. In this page I see the balloon picture. Now I wanted to change this picture for a picture from the content library. But it seems, sorry if I'm mistaking, that I'm only able to upload a picture from my own files (instead of from the content library)?? Is that correct, or am I missing something?

31 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Gaby,

Take a look at Adam's video here. It explains how you can add Content Library images throughout Rise - with the exception of the labelled graphic base image. 

Adding a image from content library to the base Labelled graphic is something we've shared as a feature request with our team! 

Matthias Lassen

Hi Ashley,

Thanks. I'm a newbie, so forgive any silly question.

I cam here becasue I had exactly the same question. Watching Adams video didn't help be since Adam he shows a button explicitly saying "change image" plus he has a different image rather than the balloon. 

Is it because I'm still in my trial mode that I have no means of changing the balloon icon to something else or am i missing apoint here?

Thanks

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Matthias,

Sorry for the confusion! In Adam's video, you saw a button labeled Change Image. This button allowed you to select an image from your computer to replace the background image in a labeled graphic. 

Since that video was recorded, we've made an update to that button, and it is now labeled Edit. That button has two functions: 1) Upload an image from your computer, and 2) Edit the Alt Tag of the image.

Here's a new video which explains how to change the background image. And yes, you can change the background image while still in Trial Mode. The trial is a full version of Rise!

Let me know if that helps! 

Matthias Lassen

Hi Alyssa,

Thanks for the explanation.  And let me say that never in my life has anyone answered a question about a software functionality in such a great way and so quickly! Thanks so much! Honestly, this wonderful way of communication makes me feel even better to have upgraded the trial version into a full one two days ago!

What I’m struggling with is that within RISE there is no consistency whether to be able to upload images “only” from my computer or whether to chose an image/photo/icon from the content library. The beauty of your library is, that it’s huge, has pitch perfect images and icons, is well structured and indexed and I find what I’m looking for. Especially the photos have a great resolution and always fit. It was a major reason for choosing to buy the suite for me.

So, for this particular example with the “labeled graphic” why is it that I can’t access the library directly to upload photo from there?

Thanks and best

Matthias

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks so much for that feedback, Matthias! And really happy to hear that you decided to purchase Articulate 360. We hope you'll love it as much as we do. 😊

We chose not to include access to Content Library images in the Labeled Graphic lesson because we didn't think customers would need to label a random stock photo image. I'm curious to hear more about what you'd like to see, though.

• In what scenario would you need to label a stock photo in a Labeled Graphic lesson?
  • What other areas of Rise need access to Content Library images that don't already have access?
Matthias Lassen

Hi Alyssa,

the answer to your questions might come, when you answer what your target customers of RISE are.

Maybe its me. I chose RISE because I’m a freelancing consultant and because I’m a total newbie. So I don’t own any photos and will always shy  away from buying them for cost reasons and because I’m unsure about technical pre-requisites in terms of resolution and royalties.

RISE solves all of these problems when using its Content Database.

Let me turn the perspective:  Articulate offered access to this database and I decided to pay for it. What are the reasons now to (technically) limit the access to it?

Best and thanks again
Matthias

David Elsinger

I would like to add a new background image from Content Library for my labeled graphic.  Why?  Because I do not have access to the type of high quality images available outside of the Content Library.

I am paying for use of the images in the Content Library in my A-360 subscription, but if I want to use them in the Labeled Graphic lesson in Rise, I need to open Storyline, download the image, then save and re-upload to Rise (labeled graphic lesson.)  Is that correct?

I would think you could add a link to the Content Library from the "Edit Button" on the main page of the labeled graphic.  Is this possible, and if so, what will take to make happen?

Thanks!

Dave

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi David,

All great points, and all things I'll share with the team!  Our initial thought was that labeling a stock image wouldn't be something most folks would do, so we didn't build the option to access Content Library from inside the Labelled graphic.

We've seen a fair bit of customer feedback and examples on how this would help you with course design, so I'll let you know here when there are any updates! 

In the meantime, you're right - opening Storyline will allow you to grab an image from Content Library which you could then upload into Rise. Definitely not ideal, but an option for now! 

Shelly Williams

Hi, it was a png file. Attached. I was using IE and then switched to chrome and had the same issue.

Shelly Williams
Sr. Global Education Manager | Structural Heart

Medtronic
8200 Coral Sea Street NE, MVS85 | Mounds View, MN/55112 | USA
Mobile 763-442-3351
shelly.a.williams@medtronic.com
medtronic.com | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter | YouTube

LET'S TAKE HEALTHCARE
FURTHER, TOGETHER
This message has been marked as Medtronic Controlled

[CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY NOTICE] Information transmitted by this email is proprietary to Medtronic and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is private, privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please delete this mail from your records. To view this notice in other languages you can either select the following link or manually copy and paste the link into the address bar of a web browser: http://emaildisclaimer.medtronic.com

Leslie McKerchie

Hey Shelley,

Looks like you are replying via e-mail, which does not allow your attachment to come through, but does attach your signature.

You can remove that if needed by clicking ‘Edit’ beneath your response. Here’s a quick Peek video if you need help.

While you're here in the forums, use the 'Add Attachment' option in the bottom left of the reply window :)

Shelly Williams

I tried again this morning with Chrome and it worked. But that is the problem I am having, sometimes it works and other times it does not. I deleted a photo yesterday, then tried to upload it again and it wouldn't let me. Then I tried this morning and it worked, very strange. Hope that helps.

Shelly Williams
Sr. Global Education Manager | Structural Heart

Medtronic
8200 Coral Sea Street NE, MVS85 | Mounds View, MN/55112 | USA
Mobile 763-442-3351
shelly.a.williams@medtronic.com
medtronic.com | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter | YouTube

LET'S TAKE HEALTHCARE
FURTHER, TOGETHER
This message has been marked as Medtronic Controlled

[CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY NOTICE] Information transmitted by this email is proprietary to Medtronic and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is private, privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please delete this mail from your records. To view this notice in other languages you can either select the following link or manually copy and paste the link into the address bar of a web browser: http://emaildisclaimer.medtronic.com