Changing Course Title in Rise

Jan 08, 2017

How do you edit the Course Title in Rise?

I started playing with Rise and am impressed. Everything is very intuitive, but I must be overlooking something when it comes to editing the Course Title. 

13 Replies
Julian Stubbs

Hi,

Is there a way to update a 360 review title (the one that appears in the drop-down menu after you select REVIEW/Publish new version). I created a review with a name that's not great "title- only first three sections complete" and the client doesn't want to change the review link as the module progresses so I seem to be stuck with this name. Therefore, unless there is a way to change it I'd advise anyone to think carefully before naming a 360 review and make sure it's future proof!

Julian

Trina Rimmer

Hi Julian. Thanks for chiming in! There isn't a way to change the names that appear in the drop-down menu. I'm sure this is intentional to assist with version control, but I can see how that would be annoying in your situation. I think your advice to think carefully about what you're naming your projects is smart. Additionally, it could be helpful to brief the client on your process, explaining that review links to prototyped interactions won't be functional once you've integrated that interaction into the course. That way you can disable comments on the initial link with the prototype and set expectations that a separate course link will replace it. I realize that clients aren't always agreeable to our terms, of course... 

Ned Whiteley

Hi Julian,

Not sure if I am missing something here, but you do have the option to rename your Review file once it has been created. Once you have updated your course and published a new version to Review, all you need to do is to hover over the course in the main Review screen and then click on the three-dot menu icon and select Rename from the drop-down menu.

Not sure if this is what you are after, but hope it helps.

Julian Stubbs

Hi Ned,

Thanks so much for pointing that out. I was trying to rename the review from Rise, but your screenshots prompted me to open Review 360 as a separate program and look in there! You can rename any review from there. I've never actually opened Review 360 as a programme - didn't even notice it there! Thanks very much for your help!

Problem solved!

Julian

Steven Benassi

Hi Himani!

Happy to jump in here!

It sounds like you're looking to add a description underneath the course title. If so, you can find that in the course outline page where you add your lessons.

rise-headers

If not, I'd like to learn about what you're looking to accomplish. Can you share an image of where you'd like to add your subtitle? For your reference, this article goes into more detail on outlining a course with section headers and lesson titles.