Changing custom label settings affects all courses on account

May 23, 2018

Hi, I was attempting to customize the label settings or different types of courses I'm creating, however, I quickly realized the changes I made to one course affected all existing courses on my account. 

When changing the label settings within a course should it become the standard for all courses or is this a bug? Is there a way around this issue so that different types of courses could have different button prompts?

Specifically, we are changes the labels for "START COURSE", "RESUME COURSE" and choosing to hide the lesson count. 

1 Reply
Crystal Horn

Hi there, David!  When you edit text labels, the changes affect all your Rise courses that use the same label set.  For example, if you edit the built-in English label set, every course that uses that label set will automatically get the same changes.

We recommend creating a new label set when you need to customize text labels so you won’t accidentally change the labels in other Rise courses.  Here's some more info on working with custom labels!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.