Changing lesson types in Rise

Jan 10, 2017

Im having a great time experimenting in Rise however does anyone know how to change the content lesson type from say block to process?

Thanks

15 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Lesley and welcome to the E-Learning Heroes Community! 

I'm glad to hear the Rise experimentation is going well, and that you came here for help when needed! There currently isn't an option to switch the lesson type from one set up such as a block to a process since they have different fields, content and formatting but you can change the type within a particular category, such as Blocks changing to the different image options. 

I recorded a quick Peek of this behavior to help explain a bit further. 

Hi James, 

Are you looking to use a lesson type shared in one of our promo videos?

Are you thinking of the Labelled graphic lesson? It doesn't have a hotspot but a marker which the user could click on to reveal more information. Here's a quick Peek on how to add those markers to a labelled graphic. 

Let me know if you needed something else - and we'll keep you posted on the release of the feature I mentioned earlier! 

Cheryl Hoover

Ashley, you mentioned that the feature to combine some of the prebuilt lessons with the blocks is something we've got on our roadmap for Q3 '17. Am I correct that this is still outstanding?

What I need is to set up a section and a lesson within the section, and the lesson needs to have a sorting activity and a text block. I don't think there's enough info to set up two separate lessons, although I'll play with that now.

Thanks!

Hi Ed and Cheryl,

Thanks for checking in, I know that it's been a feature folks have asked about for a bit. It's still on our roadmap but based on how things are going in development or how other requests are prioritized, a release estimate is a bit of a moving target.  This has shifted slightly, so I'll follow up with my team again to see the status of this feature. 

I'll let you know as soon as I can. 

Hi Janis, 

We don't have a feature on our roadmap currently to change a lesson type to another type, but we have added in the labeled graphic and sorting lessons as block types. We'll have the Process lesson as a new block type soon! 

I’ll be happy to pass your thoughts about changing the types on to our product team, but you can also feel free to detail them more through a feature request!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.