24 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Laura!

When you exported the Rise 360 course for LMS, did you upload the zipped folder to your LMS? Or did you unzip the folder and make changes to the output?

If you're still getting stuck, we can test the output file on our side to be sure it's working correctly in another environment. If that works for you, you can send it along right here.

Valeria Castro

Hi friends! Is there any solution to this?

We work as well with Cornerstone LMS. I uploaded the training to the platform but then the reviewer ask for a minor change: What I did was only adding two periods at the end of sentences, and then publish the course again, but I'm getting the same error window. 

Crystal Horn

Hello Valeria! Because we could upload the content Laura shared with us to another platform, we recommended that she work with Cornerstone support to identify why it wasn't accepting the updated output.

We can test your output if you'd like to privately share it with us, but I'd also recommend opening a case with Cornerstone.

Daniel Schissler

Apologies for the late response! They did and when I asked what the solution was this was their response. 

In all honesty, there was another way we were able to do it that involved reversioning. I have no idea how she did it but it worked. I tried to watch but she lost me along the way. 😊 You know those to go really fast through screens they know like the back of their hand. 😊 That’s what happened. Finally I just gave up because she fixed it and that’s all I truly cared about.  

I wish there were more details to share but their rep was able to resolve the issue. 

Barbara Testa

To get around this issue we would cut and paste the original manifest identifier into the new immanifest file on this line when doing a non structure modification to Rise courses.

<manifest identifier="HA7vzhyLbTFID13ac0h_lM6uzdAFrV0lkA_c6NQv" version="1.3"

Sadly this fix stopped working about 4 months ago and now we are back to getting a critical error - Changing Manifest structure is not allowed.  Now all we can do is reversion.

Does anyone have a new solution to this issue?

Thanks

Taylor Mirkarimi

Hi,
I had this same issue. I updated my course by changing a sentence on Rise 360 and then exported the course again. I went to upload the  change to CSOD through the Modify Content section and when uploading the newly exported course I got the error message. The only way I could update the content was through reversioning the online course. This however meant I lost all my data of completions and evaluations from the previous version.  

Ashley Zuco

I have been able to get it to work by doing what Barbara Testa mentioned above: 

"To get around this issue we would cut and paste the original manifest identifier into the new immanifest file on this line when doing a non structure modification to Rise courses.

<manifest identifier="HA7vzhyLbTFID13ac0h_lM6uzdAFrV0lkA_c6NQv" version="1.3"

I have also found that I need do another step and copy the <adlcp:datafromlms>eyJjcHYiOiJpd2VCaGhyTCIsInJsZCI6ZmFsc2V9</adlcp:datafromlms>
line from the original immanifest file and paste/replace it in the new file. 

It works and I see the changes in cornerstone fine, but does anyone know if this will cause tracking issues of any kind in the lms? 

Will Findlay

I'm glad it worked for you!

When you delete the manifest file, I think what happens is that Cornerstone keeps using the old one. I think this ends up being ok because Cornerstone really isn't changing how it interacts with the course that much from what is in the manifest, but I could be wrong.

I do sometimes wonder what the consequences could be if a manifest file becomes widely out of whack with the course it is supposed to describe. For example, if you change the completion criteria from passing a quiz to viewing all of the slides, would that "break" the modified course? It would be worth testing this one of those days when someone has "nothing to do" (e.g., never).