Changing RISE settings

Jan 23, 2018

Hi, everyone!

I've created many courses in Rise, and just realized that when I changed the labels of one course (through the Settings option), the labels changed in all the rest of the courses...is this the intended behaviour? It seems weird to have the option to change the Settings per course, and have the changes being applied to every single one.

Thanks!

2 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hello!

When you edit text labels in Rise, the changes affect all your Rise courses that use the same label set.

For example, if you edit the built-in English label set, every course that uses that label set will automatically get the same changes.

We recommend creating a new label set when you need to customize text labels so you won’t accidentally change the labels in other Rise courses.

I hope that helps!

James Washington

I have a question related to course settings in Rise. It has to do with the restriction settings. I'm trying to use this setting to keep individuals from skipping ahead before accessing or reviewing content, however, in many instances, a person can scroll downward and progress to the next screen and progress without restriction.

I'm using several screens with checkbox content and we've found that a person can scroll down to the next section without clicking or reading the checkbox content. This is not the intended behavior. The labeled graphic block seems to force you to at least click the marker (restriction) before progressing but this doesn't seem to work the same way on other screens.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.