Chapters not unlocking due to iframe

Jan 23, 2020

Hi,
These chapters within the course uses IFrames to capture responses entered by students. At the concluding chapter students can print the responses they entered during the course and compare it to an industry standard document.

The issue I am having is that the chapters don't automatically unlock even though I have completed all activities within the specific chapter including iFrame.
Any advice you can provide me on what I am missing and why this is happening would be greatly appreciated.

7 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hello, Prashu. Thanks for sharing those details. You've used the embed block to insert your web content into a lesson. You also have restricted navigation so that the lesson has to be completed before moving on.

Are you restricting the navigation in the course settings? Or are you using a continue button block in that lesson to require the blocks above are completed?

Either way, the embedded content should not impact whether the lesson appears completed. Let me know what you think. And feel free to share a link to an example course where this is happening, if you can!

Prashu D

Hi Crystal,

thanks for your reply, I had replied back but for some reason it is not showing up.

My course has 7 chapters and these 7 chapters have iframe. These chapters are locked and can only be access in sequential order. I

am using iframe to capture responses entered by students. At the concluding chapter I want to make it possible for students to print the responses they entered during the course so they can compare them to an industry standard document.

Yes I am using the continue button at the end to unlock next chapter after the user has addressed all the activity block within the chapters including the iframe.

My issue is that the chapters don't automatically unlock even though users have completed all activities within that chapter.

I have tested this issue using three main browsers i.e: IE, firefox and Chrome.

Chrome is a hit and miss while Firefox and IE it does not work.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Prashu

Crystal Horn

Thanks for your reply, Prashu. I've created a sample course with embedded content and continue blocks, but it is unlocking for me in those browsers.

I'd like us to have a closer look at your course if you're able to share it with us. You can reference our discussion here and we'll give you the steps to share a copy of that course for troubleshooting. It would also be helpful if you can share a screencast of what you're seeing when you test. Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.