Co-owning a course

Feb 16, 2018

Is there any way to have two people own a course, so both can edit, update, share and publish it?

Also, is there a way to have collaboration (or, ideally for us if it's possible, co-ownership) by default, so that anything created is automatically accessible to all members of the team?  

We recently had a situation where a course needed quick updates, and the other person on my team couldn't make them or re-publish the course until I toggled some settings.  I was out of the office, which created a bit of a delay.  It'd be great for us if each of us could step in to modify and republish the other's work when necessary.

3 Replies
Lawrence Williams

Thanks for that link, I think I'm still confused. 

I can make someone a collaborator to allow them to edit the course, but that doesn't seem to allow them to share/publish the course (even to Articulate Review). To give them the ability to do that, I have to transfer ownership, right? But, if I transfer ownership, I lose those rights, in place of the options to share, edit settings, export; etc. it just says "This course is owned by..."

I'd like both of us to be able to edit and share/publish our Rise courses, without toggling settings on an individual course. Is that possible?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Lawrence,

Correct - you'd need to transfer the ownership to that colleague to allow them to publish or edit settings. You could also Send a Copy to them, but then you'd both maintain your own independent copies. 

I know we've seen some other discussions here in ELH about the need for multiple owners - so that's feedback we've pass along to our team. I'll make sure your post is included in that too!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.